On daily basis the senior nurses educate patients who report to the out-patient department on relevant health topics.
Again on regular basis (every Tuesday) teams goes to the outlying villages and educate the villagers on similar health topics. These include the following:
- Breast feeding
- Family planning healthy diet
- Hand washing
- Personal hygiene
- Non-communicable diseases especially diabetes and hypertension
- Malaria prevention
- Environmental sanitation
- Management of febrile convulsions
- Sexually transmitted infections, especially HIV/AIDS
- X-ray: The hospital has a modern general purpose x-ray machine for routine cases from the ward and OPD. A mobile machine and a C-Arm will be installed soon.
- Ultrasound: There is a general purpose ultrasound machine for obstetrics care and also for general abdominal.
- Blood Bank: The new blood bank and laboratory building was completed 2 months ago. Blood bank equipment donated by the ELSE KROENER-FRESENIUS STIFTUNG has already been installed.
- Laboratory: laboratory services cover routine chemistry, hematology and basic bacteriology. Equipment has been ordered from blood gases, hormonal assays and coagulation studies.